Fifteen minutes from the bustling high rise apartments of Tseung Kwan O and Sai Kung, Hong Kong Adventist Academy (HKAA) rises to the horizon amidst the greenery of dense forests. From its hillside location, HKAA looks out over the South China Sea and the islands that rise from it. On any given school day this primary and secondary educational institution rings with the laughter and playful shouting of children at recess, running and playing on its grass and among its trees. The setting itself makes a clear statement that is the foundation of our school: We are commissioned by God to live and learn in the beautiful earth He has given us.
HKAA’s mission is to help its students GROW into ethical, competent young adults by:
We accomplish our mission by maintaining the following values:
1. We value the Bible and its assertion that Jesus Christ is the savior of mankind.
2. We value community among parents, teachers, and students.
3. We value small classes allowing intimacy, socialization and the learning to resolve problems in the compassionate context of friendship. No child will be in a classroom with more than 20 students.
4. We value lifelong learning and seek to nurture the natural curiosity of students to motivate their learning.
5. We value the whole student. We view their spiritual, social and moral strength as high as their academic strength.
The Seventh-day Adventist Church is a Protestant Christian denomination with nearly 90,000 churches and 20,000,000 church members. The church operates 198 hospitals, two of which are in Hong Kong. The church’s educational wing is the second-largest educational system in the world. We have been serving children around the globe for over 150 years and currently operates over 8,000 schools, with nearly 2,000,000 students worldwide.
HKAA was established in 2011 as a locally licensed, English medium private school. Our primary curriculum meets local Hong Kong Education Bureau standards, emphasizing Hong Kong objectives in subjects like Mathematics and Chinese while simultaneously challenging students to meet stringent international standards in courses like English and Science. Students enjoy the benefits of both systems and are taught to perform at high levels of academic excellence. A majority of HKAA’s teachers are internationally based teachers from all corners of the globe.
Our secondary students enjoy an American accredited educational program. The Griggs International Academy Secondary Program prepares students to begin their university studies with a diploma that is recognized around the world. The universities chosen by most of our graduating students are located in the United States and Hong Kong.
We invite you to come! Experience our beauty, our safety, our diversity, our happy faculty, and especially our happy students.